U.N.I.T.Y Adopt A Family Program
In 2006, U.N.I.T.Y (Uniting Neighborhoods and Inspiring Today’s Youth) started an Adopt A Family Program with the goal of helping families across the Metro Detroit area beyond the holiday season. We want to take adopting families a step further by assisting them with more than provision of food and gifts.
HOW IT WORKS
U.N.I.T.Y plans to help those respective families become able to do more for themselves in the future. We sit down with each family and gain a true sense of the struggles they are facing. We provide them with assistance, guidance, and/or resources to ensure they remain successful when faced with obstacles and challenges.
- Must Live in Wayne County (Copy of state ID or Driver License with current address).
- Families with children 17 years of age and under may apply (copies of birth certificates or guardianship papers required). Please make sure Social Security Numbers is NOT showing on copies of birth certificates.
- Copy of Eligibility Notice from DHS. If you do not receive assistance (cash or food), please tell us why you should be considered for program.
- Must wait 2 years before applying again if you already been adopted by U.N.I.T.Y.
- Must turn in all supporting documents with application. Failure to submit all required documents will result in application being denied.
We will select the families we are adopting Saturday November 30, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact U.N.I.T.Y at www.unitydetroit.org.